The biological approach to pool water treatment
Bacteria and other pathogens in swimming pools cause a lot of problems:
- Risk of infections
- Formation of biofilm in the filter that lowers filtration and backwash performance
- Toxic air conditions and chlorine smell
- Raising operating cost (backwash, chemical consumption, filter media exchange)
Traditional water treatment tries to solve this problem with high doses of chlorine, UV or ozon. But the bacterial growth is a biological problem and therefore needs a biological solution: Dryden DAISY®!
Prevention instead of killing
Dryden DAISY® is the Dryden Aqua integreated swimming pool water treatment system that prevents the growth of bacteria and pathogens and minimises the need for chlorine and other disinfectants.It is based on three principles:
- No substrate: Sand is a natural breeding ground for bacteria. Our AFM® is completely resistant to biofilm, therfore bacteria have no substrate on which they can grow and multiply.
- No nutrients: Mechanical filtration alone can't remove most nutrients for bacteria. Our advanced coagulation, flocculation and filtration process will remove nutrients from the water so bacteria can't grow.
- Lowest chlorine demand: Dryden DAISY® filters smalles particles to 0.1 micronalmost everything out of the water and reduces the chlorine demand to the lowest level possible. Therefore the possibility for reaction by-products is also lowered.
Dryden DAISY® consists of three elements
Step 1: Filtration with AFM®
Our bio-resistant filter media with an incredible filter performance that never needs to be recharged or replaced. Read more
Step 2: Coagulation and flocculation with APF® and ZPM
Enables sub-micron filtration of bacteria and particles by AFM® for crystal clear and safe water. Dramatically lowers oxidation demand and offers a safe barrier against bacteria and other pathogens. Read more
Step 3: ACO® boosts the natural power of the sun and protects chlorine from UV
A highly innovative, eco-friendly liquid product most effective in any outdoor pools, including salt water pools. May be used as part of Dryden DAISY® or by itself. Read more
For more information see video and our multi lingual brochures below.