|Description:||Effluent Tertiary Treatment after biological treatment plant for Unlimited Irrigation|
|Goal:||Reduce BOD, TSS and Turbidity|
|Water Source:||Secondary Effluent|
The plant produces between 400-500 m3 of waste water per day and sends for irrigating a nearby wild area.
The run-off water from such unlimited irrigation affects the environment.
According the Department of Health and Environment, water for unlimited irrigation must go through tertiary treatment process to achieve required water quality standards.
|Parameter||Existing Values||Required Value|
|Turbidity (NTU)||50||< 3|
|BOD (PPM)||30||< 10|
|TSS (PPM)||30||< 10|
The following processes were carried out:
- Oxidation with sodium hypochlorite to reduce the organic load and disinfect the system.
- Pre-filtration with Arkal Spin Klin unit , OPAL 3x2”, 130 μ.
- AFM® - Catalytic Media filtration with coagulation.
- Final disinfection with sodium hypochlorite , including ½ hr detention time.
|Parameter||Required Value||Before treatment||After treatment|
- The system is completely automatic with a minimum of maintenance.
- The system was certified for unlimited irrigation.
- The customer saves expensive potable water for irrigation and can irrigate the surrounding gardens with the treated water.