|Company:||Stirling Landfill Site – Polmaise|
|Description:||Supply of full biological wastewater treatment plant for landfill leachate|
|Goal:||Reduce Ammonia, COD, BOD and TSS|
|Water Source:||Landfill Leachate|
- The landfill leachate contained high levels of organic materials and ammonia.
- The effluent contaminated the nearby water sources.
- Anaerobic conditions created odor nuisance to the neighboring communities.
|Parameter||Existing Values||Required Value|
|Turbidity (NTU)||150||< 5|
|Ammonia (PPM)||1000||< 5|
|COD (PPM)||5000||< 200|
|BOD (PPM)||2000||< 10|
|TSS (PPM)||1000||< 10|
|TOC (PPM)||1000||< 10|
The following processes were carried out:
- Nutrient Dozing and PH Adjustment.
- Sequential Batch Reactor (SBR): A biological batch process which effectively removes in a few steps (each one with different oxygen conditions) ammonia and organic materials.
- AFM® - Catalytic Media filtration with coagulation. A polishing stage which removes residual organic and mineral matter. This stage implements our air diffusers.
|Parameter||Required Value||Before treatment||After treatment|
|Coliform Forming Units (CFU/100 ml)||10||10,000||nil|
Dryden Aqua’s Deliverables: